Our homes are an expression of who we are. And, everything we have in our homes, on our walls, and in our closets affects our mood, productivity, and overall happiness! In fact, this connection is so profound that studies have shown that we can shift our happiness simply by tweaking and modifying small habits and routines.
If you want to be even happier at home, here are some simple ways to bring even more smiles into your every day life.
- Make your bed — It's been shown that this easy, two minute task can positively impact your happiness.
- Declutter — Give yourself just 3 minutes to declutter your living room, dining table, or desk. Clutter causes stress, and oftentimes just 3 minutes can completely eliminate it!
- Display items you love — Hang pictures of happy memories on your walls, and display sentimental items that make you smile. Surround yourself with images of people you love, and things that make you smile and remember happy times.
- Set a daily intent — Before you get out of bed, state a positive affirmation to yourself that will set you right for the day. This will launch you into your day on the right foot!
- Start a gratitude journal — Take a minute or two each day to jot down things that you're grateful for. Reflection is a vital important part of happiness, and pausing to think about a positive event from each day helps gratitude grow.